Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Not Dead Quite Yet

So I finished my short story for Leafkin (yay!)

Unfortunately it's premier falls on my birthday so I won't be attending (boo!) 

Apparently the room we wanted wasn't available on the original date. Ah well, such is life. I think I'm going karaoke-ing instead ^_^
(
Perhaps that makes me a bad writer, but really, I generally ask for one day a year to be self absorbed and that is my birthday. Even the need to further my career am I even allowed to call it that yet?) as a writer isn't enough to lure from the need to cut loose and act out the silliness inherent in my personality that I usually repress. 

So instead of a cultured night of wine, food, and good literature I'm going to make an idiot of myself singing karaoke. 

Oh yes. I am the Queen of Sound Decision Making. Yay me.

In other news, a friend of mine, who, coincidentally, is also a writer but not a part of Sylvanopolis (she doesn't feel inclined to partake of the support of her bretheren), made me a livejournal page. It has quickly devolved into a list of all the random stuff I think of at work. As she's the only one who ever reads it, I don't feel too bad. But it's strange, because before I started this blog, I wasn't much for blogging at all. But now It's a regular part of my week. 

Am I *gasp!* joing the Technological Age?

Just as well I suppose. 

Now that I'm done with my story for Leafkin, I need to start on my first chapter for Dynesia, our web project. It has been sadly neglected. I have no idea what's going on with it. But my main character is blind so it might be interesting since I usually use a lot of visual clues in my writing. 

Don't ask me why she's blind. I started writing, stuff happened. 

I should also start up again on my novel. I having trouble with a character that I suddenly find myself having to write a lot more of. I knew it was going to happen but I am woefully unprepared. I'm considering writing a few scenes for him that take place before the current story arch to see what sort of personality comes out. Hopefully it will help

No comments:

Post a Comment